Why should you work for us?
Ever wondered what it’s like to work with us? Watch this short 3 minute video from our Director, George Forsyth, to find out what it means to become one of our furniture makers.
Our working week runs from Monday to Thursday, giving everyone a three-day long weekend. It’s only by respecting the need of our craftspeople that we can expect them to create exceptional furniture.
By working with us, you will develop yourself on various aspects of the production process. Expand your craftmanship to master multiple workstations.
Your ideas are valued
When you work with us, we bring your previous experiences, ideas and passions to the table. We listen to your ideas and suggestions and frequently dedicate the time to try them out.
Newest Tech in the workshop
We invest in new technologies to make hand-crafting the furniture easier and more efficient. From pressure clamps to CNC machines, you will always find high quality tools at your disposal.
Develop the state of flow
We always aim to develop flow; the state of undivided concentration on the task at hand. To facilitate this, we give employees the trust, time and space to immerse themselves in their craft.
Calling Wood Machinists/Joiners, Furniture Makers and Production Operativess
Description of job roles
Drew Forsyth & Co is a family-owned and run manufacturer of bespoke furniture mainly luxury kitchens and bedrooms, cinema rooms home offices and much more. The company supplies furniture throughout the UK and has done so for over 50 years
In 2020 during lockdown, the company never stopped manufacturing and has gone from strength to strength. Now in 2021/2022, we are looking for new people to join our team. We take a long term view on hiring people and offer good long term job security.
If you want to join a team where;
- We work 38.5 hours over 4 days meaning a 3 day weekend every week.
- You can develop your skills and become the best version of yourself.
- Have your opinions valued and ideas on improvements implemented.
- Monthly achievable cash bonus/incentive scheme
- Receive fully funded training in any areas/new skills you wish to learn.
- Develop and move throughout the company should you wish to progress your career.
We set aside time each day to clean and improve our work area and improve the company.
If the above sounds interesting and exciting to you then we would like to hear from you.
- You must be open to new ideas and ways of working.
- Be willing to get involved in continuous improvement activities.
- Be flexible and work as part of a team.
- Be able to turn up on time Monday to Thursday.
Please take 10 minutes to fill out the attention to detail test.
Please send us a CV or brief introduction about yourself via indeed we will then carry out an informal telephone interview before inviting you to a tour of the factory and in-person interview.
Sounds promising. How do I apply?
Apply via indeed.co.uk or e-mail us directly at email@example.com
Applications Deadline: 30/11/2021